What to do if you are in a car accident
Being in a car accident is a traumatic experience regardless of the extent of injuries or damages. Here are some tips on what to do if you are in car accident:
Ensure your personal safety and that of others involved in the accident. Call 911 immediately if there are any injuries.
Although it is normal for emotions to run high, keep calm, focus on safety, and document facts. Be careful what you say: DO NOT admit fault.
Always call Police and file a Police Report. If you are NOT AT FAULT, try to get the party at fault to report the accident to their insurance company right there and then. Be wary of statements and promises such as:
- “I will just pay for it”
- “I will give you the money so you can fix it.”
- “We don’t need to call the Police for a minor fender bender.”
- “I don’t want to report it to my insurance.”
- “I know someone who can fix it.”
Exchange information and write down notes or use your cell phone to record the following:
- Name, address, phone numbers (work/cell) of drivers AND passengers
- Make/Model and License number of each vehicle
- Driver license number, insurance company and policy number
- Names and addresses of witnesses
Take photos of the accident scene and vehicles to document damage. Try to write down or record the details of the accident while they are fresh in your memory. If possible, draw a diagram.
If your vehicle is not drivable, call JJ Collision Center at 915-772-2865. We will immediately send a tow truck and will walk you through the process.
Request Free Estimate
Over 30 Years of Professional Auto Body & Collision Repair in the El Paso, Texas Area
Our customer service is unsurpassed and includes deductible assistance.
We are able to work with any insurance agency for your dent and collision repair, color matching, frame alignment and full body paint.